19 January 2009

january 14

everyday i walk by several buildings, restaurants, and hotels on my way to and from work, but it is the le meridian that catches my attention each time i pass by...because it speaks to me.
depending on what time of day you walk by, you can hear a variety of sounds like crickets chirping or morning birds singing, but the catch is, the sounds never match the time of day when you expect to be hearing them. the crickets at le meridian chirp in the morning, but i'm used to hearing crickets chirping in nature on a warm summer evening. the morning birds at le meridian sing at night when its dark, but the birdies i know sing their hearts out every morning right outside my window.

it's all very subtle, but always catches my attention... kind of like when you take a sip of soda thinking it's coke but it's really rootbeer.

No comments:

Post a Comment