09 January 2009

january 8

today i left for work wearing this fresh & funky outfit, sun shining, birds chirping, headphones on, morning soundtrack playing loudly, walking down the street with a little hop in my step when all of the sudden i started to feel my dress creep its way up my thighs. and instantly, it was like the record stopped playing and all the passerby's were watching me.

they weren't of course, but man... it's amazing how one little thing like that can bring you from "looking great, feeling great" right back to the self-conscious 13 year-old that we all once were.

but then, as i continued my walk to work (fidgeting & tugging every 5 seconds at my dress, wondering if any store still sells a slip) i realized that true confidence and beauty stems from within and comes through in the way we carry ourselves.

edward lewis had it right when he told pretty woman vivian, "when you're not fidgeting you're very beautiful... and very tall." ... and so there i went, struttin' my way up battery street with
 my head held high and skirt inching steadily up my thigh.


1 comment:

  1. hairspray on your crotch before you leave the house helps :)

    where'd you get the boots - too cute!

    ReplyDelete